We're doing a floorset change and featuring all new trend combinations this week. It's really important that UpShift shows the latest and greatest ways to wear fashion - even if that fashion is second-hand. It's a really fun (albeit, slightly exhausting) process that ensures our customer gets to see the trendiest of trends at our little swap shop.
What goes into this process you ask? Here ya go, in 10 easy steps:
1. Pour glass of wine (get the creative juices flowing)
2. Pull out the magical binder of tear-sheets (a.k.a., magazine tear outs)
3. Dig through this season's latest and greatest for inspiration
4. Pour another glass of wine
5. Pair it down to tear-sheets that reflects our inventory (this season; lots of plaid, floral, denim, menswear, and tweed)
6. Pin the sheets up in the specified area of the store (you've all seen them under the shelves)
7. Organize, organize, organize all of our garments (thank you to our fabulous merchandiser for her hard work on this one!)*
8. Create outfits and pairings that reflect the tear-sheets.
9. Celebrate with high-fives and customers shopping our new trends
10. Pour glass of wine to help with relaxing
*The entire process of floorset takes our merchandiser about 3-4 days of hard work! She's the best!