Saturday, June 10, 2017

Upshift: Up Close and Personal

We're knocking down the 4th wall for this blog and I'm going to speak first person so you get a better understanding of where we're at at Upshift! I love blogging for Upshift, it serves so many purposes that my other social media does not; the blog gives you, the reader and loyal customer, a glimpse into the behind-the-scenes of Upshift and what makes us tick.  I get to be super candid with my blog and use wording and a vernacular I wouldn't ever use on my very public social media; Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.  Those platforms are reserved for a more professional and polished attitude. On this platform I can talk about how much we love fashion and drinking wine and cocktails as well as any triumphs or struggles regarding Upshift.

With that said, it's kind of obvious that I haven't had time to blog in a while.  There are so many reasons, but mostly because owning a business keeps me on my toes and constantly on the go.  Additionally, I am an instructor in the Fashion Marketing Program at Madison College and teach anywhere from 25-75 students in any given semester.  When I'm not keeping Upshift going or teaching on campus I'm teaching in the Madison Metro School District as a substitute teacher (which I totally love doing more than anything).  At this point it might sound like I'm telling a sob story on why I don't do more to connect with my customers or even an excuse as to why I'm not more visible at the actual store.  It's not that at all, I'm sharing everything I do because believe it or not all the amazing things I do in my life are interconnected, if I'm teaching at Madison College I'm interacting with future employees that could work at Upshift, additionally I'm using Upshift as a teaching platform so students can practice their craft in our store.  When substitute teaching I'm connecting with the community that shops and supports local businesses.  I run into fellow teachers and students at Upshift all the time.  So, beyond all of this, Dustin (my badass other half) and I have a super healthy social life.  We spend every second away from Upshift talking about Upshift!

Alright, so here's the scoop, it's SUMMER holiday break and I'm not teaching June through August so be prepared for much more of a social media presence.  Starting with my next blog post about festival season!

With all of that said, Upshift is doing great thanks to all you amazing people that support us.  In order to keep moving forward please spread the word (our best advertising!) so more people come through our doors.  The more people that come through our doors guarantees we'll keep fresh inventory and it'll keep our mission alive!

Peace, love and be fabulous!
Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment