Thursday, October 22, 2015

Upshift's Newest Addition - Our Intern for Fall 2015

Full name: Amy Patricia Johnson

Reason for working/volunteering at UpShift
I wanted to get some retail experience in a laid back environment, and I believe in Upshifts vision to reuse and share our style with others. I’m also hoping an internship with Upshift will give me the experience to start my own business.

Favorite thing about UpShift
That’s a tough questions because there are so many things I like about Upshift. I love the way first time customers get excited about the idea of the store. I love the conversations I have with customers about trying new clothing they would have never thought to try on. I think most of all I love the fact that fashion can be reused through each other’s personal style.
Favorite memory of UpShift
One of my favorite memories was when I was talking with a customers and she said that Upshift makes her try clothing that she never would have thought of, and makes her takes more risk with her wardrobe.

Favorite item from UpShift (pic?)
I found this green, acrylic cardigan that is so cozy and comfortable. I like it because it can be dressed up or down, but I still am comfortable.

Your personal style is
My personal style is mostly Romantic and Classic. I like classic silhouettes and romantic styles. I also like bright colors and fun patterns. I’m not afraid to be bold, but I normally stick with the classics.
Your style icon is
Rachel Zoe. I like how she started out as a stylist for celebrities during award shows and now she has expanded her brand into so much more!
Your favorite song or band?
My Favorite band is Motion City Soundtrack.
Drink of choice?
My favorite drink is Snapple Tea.
Ideal vacation or favorite place you've traveled?
My sister got married in Jamaica and it was an amazing experience to be in a different country.
Where else do you work or volunteer?
Currently I am a full time student. I have currently started my internship at Upshift for this fall and couldn’t be more excited!
Favorite places to hang out in Madison?
I like to go on runs and one of my favorite places to run is through Tenney Park and to the peninsula that looks out on Lake Mendota.

If you could share one piece of fashion advice it would be....

Never be afraid to try something new and different. Never say that “ I don’t like that color” or “that won’t look good on me”. Sometimes you can surprise yourself with a new style or garment. We are always reinventing your style. 

No comments:

Post a Comment