Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Meet Sonni!

We have the most amazing peeps working at UpShift, and we want you to get to know each and every one of them.  You've already met our merchandiser sporadically on our blog however we plan to get a more in-depth peek into the lives of our favorite staff.

Introducing Sonni (her name says it all)~

Full name: Sonni James Royal

Reason for working/volunteering at UpShift: My Fashion Internship, the free swap of clothes every week. I also just believe in Lindsay and her vision, she is kind and bright. She is a genuinely good person and good connection to have here in Madison.

Favorite thing about UpShift: I have a few: I love the laid back environment, the people I work with, the freelance collaboration concept of it all (Lindsay listens to our ideas). I also get to use my personal creativity when I'm working there (the more, the better).

Favorite memory of UpShift: It has happened twice, after we had closed I was in the middle of slipping something on or off (trying stuff on, not in the changing room, no shame) when hot guys were walking past, I wasn't paying attention. Lindsay and Carissa got to see the guys faces looking at me when they were walking by.... I didn't.

Favorite item from UpShift: My basic dark denim bullhead mini skirt, I wear it all the time. I can wear it anywhere and with anything; it is a staple in my wardrobe.

My personal style is: Romantic.

My style icon is: My favorite designer is Valentino and my celebrity style icon is probably Jessica Alba.

Something the UpShift world may not know about you? I'm a U.S. Army Veteran, I served four years and seven months in the military. I did a year tour in South Korea and a year deployment in Afghanistan while I was serving.

Your favorite song or band? Singer, PINK!

Drink of choice? Coffee in the morning, alcohol at night.

Ideal vacation or favorite place you've traveled? Mexico was fun.

Where else do you work or volunteer? MATC Veterans Club

Favorite places to hang out in Madison? I try to hit the gym at MATC five days a week after classes, does that count? But in the summer when I have time you will probably find me outdoor tanning next to a pool somewhere with my iPod in my ears.

If you could share one piece of fashion advice it would be: Your personal style should help you look good, but more importantly it should make you feel good and represent who you are. Wear what you want and be confident about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment